1-Dish Dulce de Leche Double Chocolate Dessert
45 to 50 minutes
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) dulce de leche OR caramel topping
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- MIX batter ingredients together in pre-sprayed 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- TOP batter with dollops of dulce de leche. Sprinkle with chocolate, brown sugar and walnuts. Cut butter into small bits and scatter on top of walnuts.
- BAKE by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Recipe Notes:
- If desired, batter may be mixed in a separate bowl. Proceed as directed above.
- To toast walnuts, place in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes. Watch closely to prevent burning.