- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4/ tsp.) envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 8 ounces corned beef, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon caraway OR anise seeds (optional)
- Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, butter and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in water; mix until a soft dough forms. Add remaining flour as needed.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead about 4 minutes or until smooth.
- Roll dough to a 14 x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread salad dressing down the center of the dough lengthwise. Top with layers of corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut.
- Make cuts from filling to edges of dough 1-inch apart on both sides of filling, using a sharp knife or scissors. Alternating slices, fold the strips at an angle across filling.
- Cover dough with greased plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seeds (if desired).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.