Mocha Cappuccino Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Dough:
- 5 cups all-purpose flour extra for dusting
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 packets Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine unsalted
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4 tsp half & half
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cappuccino mix
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- Combine 2 cups of the flour with the ⅓ cup of granulated sugar. Add in the yeast and salt. Stir until blended.
- Heat the butter and water together in a heatproof bowl in 15-second intervals until the water is warm but not hot. 120°F - 130°F.
- Add the butter mixture into the flour mixture along with the egg.
- Beat for about 2 minutes using an electric mixer.
- Add 1 cup of flour, beat for another 2 minutes and then add in the remaining flour.
- Place parchment paper on a flat surface, lightly dust with flour, and turn the dough out onto the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with a small amount of flour and knead the dough for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- The dough will be ready to rest once the dough springs back after indenting it with your fingers.
- Cover with a towel and allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes before rolling it out.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough out into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle.
Prepare the Filling:
- Melt the ½ cup of unsalted butter and add the brown sugar, instant coffee, 2 tsp cinnamon, and the cocoa powder. Stir to blend well.
- Spread the filling on the dough, spreading it out evenly. Don't spread past ½ inch on all sides.
- Roll the dough up starting at the long end and pinch the ends of the dough to seal.
- Slice the dough into 12 equal slices. (Use unflavored dental floss for easy slicing.)
- Place slices into a greased 13"x8" baking dish and cover with a towel.
- Allow the dough to rest and rise for 1 hour. The dough will double in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes. (Check for golden-brown tops.)
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool for at least 20 minutes before glazing.
To Make Glaze:
- Melt the butter and add the half & half, vanilla, and cappuccino mix.
- Blend in the confectioner's sugar and mix until it is well blended.
- Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls and serve.