Cranberry Orange Cinnamon Roll Wreath
25 - 30 minutes
- 4½-5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (4½ tsp) packets Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups water, lukewarm
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Cranberry Orange Compote Filling
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Zest of orange
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the Dough:
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups all purpose flour, sugar, dry yeast and salt; stir to blend.
- Place water and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 15-second increments until it is warm to the touch (120 degrees-130 degrees F).
- Add the butter and water mixture and the egg to the flour mixture; beat for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides in between.
- Add the remaining flour, 1 cup at a time until the dough forms into a ball (will still be slightly sticky but holds it shape).
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is smooth and the dough springs back at the touch.
- Place the dough in a buttered bowl and cover with a towel; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the Cranberry Orange Compote Filling:
- In a small saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the fresh cranberries and orange zest to the sugar syrup and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until you see the cranberries starting to pop.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove, drain the cranberries from the juice and allow them to cool before using.
- Prepare the Cinnamon Sugar Filling:
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Assemble the Cranberry Orange Cinnamon Roll Wreath:
- Roll the dough into a 15x10 inch rectangle using a rolling pin.
- Spread the 4 tablespoons of softened (almost melted) butter to cover the dough, leaving a ½ inch at the edge of the long side without butter.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture all over the areas covered in butter.
- Sprinkle the cranberry orange compote on top of the Cinnamon Sugar mixture.
- Starting at the long side of the rectangle, roll the dough up tightly.
- Place the log onto a sheet pan.
- Create a circle shape with the dough, connecting and tucking the two ends into each other.
- Carefully slice the dough approx. 2 inches apart without cutting through to the center.
- Cover the dough with a towel and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes or until the wreath is a light golden brown.
- Allow the Cinnamon Roll Wreath to cool for 10 minutes before adding the frosting.
- Prepare the Frosting:
- Combine all the frosting ingredients in a large bowl and beat until creamy.
- Spread or drizzle frosting over the Cinnamon Roll Wreath.
- Serve and Enjoy!