Skillet Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (as needed)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil, plus more for the bowl and skillet
- 3/4 cup Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (-ounce) chicken breast, cooked and diced
- Thinly sliced red onion rings
- Pickled jalapeno slices
- Crust Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place a dry, unoiled 12-inch cast-iron skillet on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add very warm water (between 120º F and 130º F) and oil. Stir until combined.
- Gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. (Dough should form a ragged ball at this point and be slightly sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead, adding additional flour as necessary until smooth and elastic, approximately 4-5 minutes. The dough should spring back to the touch.
- Drizzle a small amount of corn oil around the sides of the bowl you used to mix the dough.
- Place dough into the oiled bowl, flip so the dough is covered with corn oil.
- Let rest/rise for 10 minutes.
- Place dough on a floured surface and roll to a 12-inch circle.
- Remove the preheated skillet from the oven. Lightly brush the skillet with corn oil.
- Keeping in mind the SKILLET IS HOT, carefully place the circle of dough in the skillet and press dough up the edges.
- Topping: Spread 2/3 cup barbecue sauce over the crust.
- Top with 3/4 cup Pepper Jack cheese and 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese.
- Toss diced chicken with remaining barbecue sauce and scatter over the cheese.
- Top with the desired amount of red onion rings and pickled jalapeno slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.